2020 Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling championships
Area VI Youth Championships Tournament
DATE/SITE : March 6~7, 2020 MEADVILLE High School, Wrestling Starts Fri. ~ 6:00 PM Sat. ~ 9:00 AM
WEIGH~INS : Date: Thursday March 5 LOCATIONS: MEADVILLE H.S. 6:00 – 7:30 P.M .
THIEL COLLEGE, SHARPSVILLE HS, SLIPPERY ROCK HS, TITUSVILLE AMERICAN LEGION 6:00 – 7:00 PM ONLY
Wrestlers must present a copy of their birth certificate at weigh~ins. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from tournament and forfeit of registration fee. Wrestlers only will be permitted in the locker room for weigh~ins.
Seeding Meeting: Wednesday, February 26 @ COMMODORE PERRY High School – Room 101, 7:00 pm
ALL WRESTLERS MUST HAVE A COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO PRESENT AT WEIGH~INS!!
8 ~ Under: 45 50 55 60 65 75 90 110(max.)
9 & 10: 55 60 65 70 75 80 85 90 95 105 120 150(max.)
11 & 12: 65 70 75 80 85 90 95 100 105 115 125 135 145 160 200(max.)
(ALL GIRLS MUST COMPETE IN THIS DIVISION UNLESS WEIGHT IS GREATER THAN 140 LBS)
8 ~ U: 50, 55, 65, 80, 100(max)
9 ~ 10: 60, 65, 75, 85, 100, 120(max)
11 ~ 12: 70, 75, 80, 90, 100, 140(max )
**BOY’S ~~ 1 st & 2 nd places (true second) advance to the PJW “Youth” State Championship Tournament**
**GIRL’S ~~ 1 st place ONLY advance to the PJW “Youth” State Championship Tournament**
AGE EFFECTIVE DATE : December 31, 2019 (See rule #2)
ONLINE ENTRY FEE: $27.00 ~
*** REGISTER ONLINE – ( Deadline 2/21)
Andy Payne Phone (724) 253~1020 Work (724) 355~7912 E~Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Hadley, PA 16130
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE ENTRIES OR WALK~INS will be considered. Please send applications in team lots if possible.
1. Entry fee covers entry requirements and insurance. Fee is $25.00
2. A wrestlers age group classification is determined by his/her age on December 31. EXAMPLE: A wrestler’s 11 th birthday is 1/1/2020. That wrestler competes in the 9 & 10 division because he was 10 on December 31, 2019.
3. P.I.A.A. rules will govern all matches, except as modified by PJW.
4. All bouts will consist of three periods of 2 ~ 1 ~ 1 minutes, overtime will be 1minute, then :30 ride out if needed.
5. Headgear is required in all PJW Tournaments. HEADGEARS MUST BE WORN AS SPECIFIED BY MANUF. (NO CROSSED STRAPS)
6. The PIAA shoelace rule will be enforced. Please be prepared to secure or tape shoelaces.
7. The hair rule for the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling tournaments will be enforced as defined in the National Federation Rules Book and adopted by the P.I.A.A.
8. Participants must weigh in at the weight class they have entered. There will be no shifting of weights or substitutions at weigh~in time. Entrants not making weight will be scratched. Weigh~in will be required only once for each tournament.
9. A wrestler cannot wrestle outside his/her age group and may enter in one weight class only. Exception: a wrestler exceeding the limit for the last weight class in 9 & 10 or 11 &12 may enter the appropriate weight class in the next higher age group.
10. Birth certificates or copies of birth certificates will be required of all participants at the Area Tournament, and for all wrestlers competing in the State Championship Tournament and must be presented at weigh~ins.
11. The source of rules governing this tournament will be the P.I.A.A. Rule Book, the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling Rules Booklet, and the Area Rules that apply to the operation of the qualifying tournament.
12. Only fulltime residents of Pennsylvania may enter the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling tournaments.
13. The application form and the code of conduct form must be completed entirely for an applicant to be considered for entry to the PJW tournament.
14. The NFHS undergarment rule will be applied. All contestants must weigh in wearing a suitable undergarment.
15. The PIAA mouthpiece rule will be enforced this year. You must wear a mouthpiece to cover any braces. Upper and lower braces must be covered with a mouthpiece.