2020 PJW “JUNIOR HIGH” championships
Area VI Championship Tournament
DATE/SITE : FEBRUARY 16, 2020 MERCER High School, Wrestling – SUNDAY ~ 9:30 AM
WEIGH~INS : SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 16 LOCATION: MERCER High School 7:00 – 7:30 AM
Wrestlers must present a copy of their birth certificate at weigh~ins. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from tournament and forfeit of registration fee. Wrestlers only will be permitted in the locker room for weigh~ins.
Seeding Meeting FEBRUARY 2, COMMODORE PERRY High School – Room 101, 12:00 pm
ELIGIBILITY – Must be a Junior High eligible wrestler – NO JV/VARSITY ROSTERED WRESTLERS
**BOYS ~ 1 st, 2 nd and 3 rd places (true second) advance to the PJW State Championship Tournament**
**GIRLS – The 1 st place finisher will advance to the PJW State Championship Tournament**
ENTRY FEE: $25.00 ~ plus $2.00 Registration
*** REGISTER ONLINE (Deadline 1/29)
Andy Payne Phone (724) 253~1020 Work (724) 355~7912
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE ENTRIES OR WALK~INS will be considered. Please send applications in team lots if possible.
Application MUST be read and signed at spaces noted or application is void. This form may be duplicated.
1. Entry fee covers entry requirements and insurance. Fee is $25.00
2. Eligibility for the JH tournament is based on grade level and competition level.
1) Wrestler must reside in one of the following counties; Crawford, Venango, Mercer, Lawrence
2) Wrestler may only submit 1 Entry Form.
3) Wrestlers in grades 7, 8, and 9 with PIAA defined Junior High eligibility may participate.
4) No wrestler with PIAA defined Varsity or Jr. Varsity experience will be permitted.
5) An 11 and 12 year olds on a Jr. High roster may choose only 1 PJW tournament series (Youth or Jr. High).
6) A WRESTLER WHO IS 13 BUT STILL IN 6TH GRADE IS ELIGIBLE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT
3. P.I.A.A. rules will govern all matches, except as modified by PJW.
4. All bouts will consist of three periods of 1:30 – 1:30 – 1:30 minutes, overtime will be 1minute, then :30 & :30, then :30 ride out if needed.
5. Headgear is required in all PJW Tournaments. HEADGEARS MUST BE WORN AS SPECIFIED BY MANUF. (NO CROSSED STRAPS)
6. The PIAA shoelace rule will be enforced. Please be prepared to secure or tape shoelaces.
7. The hair rule for the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling tournaments will be enforced as defined in the National Federation Rules Book and adopted by the P.I.A.A.
8. Participants must weigh in at the weight class they have entered. There will be no shifting of weights or substitutions at weigh~in time. Entrants not making weight will be scratched. Weigh~in will be required only once for each tournament.
9. Birth certificates or copies of birth certificates will be required of all participants at the Area Tournament, and for all wrestlers competing in the State Championship Tournament and must be presented at weigh~ins.
10. The source of rules governing this tournament will be the P.I.A.A. Rule Book, the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling Rules Booklet, and the Area Rules that apply to the operation of the qualifying tournament.
11. Only fulltime residents of Pennsylvania may enter the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling tournaments.
12. The application form and the code of conduct form must be completed entirely for an applicant to be considered for entry to the PJW tournament.
13. The NFHS undergarment rule will be applied. All contestants must weigh in wearing a suitable undergarment.
14. The PIAA mouthpiece rule will be enforced. You must wear a mouthpiece to cover any braces. Upper and lower braces must be covered with a mouthpiece.
ALL WRESTLERS MUST HAVE A COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO PRESENT AT WEIGH~INS!!