2020 PENNSYLVANIA JUNIOR WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIPS
Earn the Title PENNSYLVANIA STATE CHAMPION
AREA 8 Boys Qualifier
AREA VIII Boys Qualifier : February 22 nd, 2020 ~ Penn State Behrend Junker Center 5103 station rd. Erie PA 16563
STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS: March 14 th & 15 th, 2020 ~ Peterson Event Center, Pittsburgh , Pa
Tournament Director : Justin Motter | firstname.lastname@example.org
WEIGH~IN TIME: Thursday February 20 th 2020: 6:00pm. To 8:00pm
Weigh in Location: Penn State Behrend Junker Center 5103 station rd. Erie PA 16563
WRESTLING BEGINS: Saturday February 22th at 8:00 Am
ENTRY FEE ~ $25.00 (Plus $2.00 online registration fee)
Online Only No Exceptions
No 6 and Under
8 & under: 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 75, 90, 110 max.
9 & 10:: 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 105, 120, 150 max.
11 & 12: 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 115, 125, 135, 145, 160, 200 max.
1. Entry fee covers requirements and insurance. Fee is $25.00
2. A wrestler`s age group classification is determined by their age on December 31. Example: A wrestler`s 11th birthday is 1/1/2014. That wrestler competes in the 10 and under division.
3. PIAA rules will govern all matches except as follows:
a. All bouts will consist of three periods of 2~1~1 minutes, except the consolation round which will be 1~1~1. Overtime shall be sudden death, with a 1 minute period, if still tied, then a second period of 30 seconds will be wrestled.
b. Headgear is mandatory.
c. Hair rule for PJW tournaments will be enforced as defined in the National Federation Rulebook and adopted by the PIAA. PJW will exclude the need for a letter from the PIAA. The wrestler must show their cap that is going to be used for the containment of hair at the scales at the time of weigh in and it must be approved.
4. Participants must weigh in at the weight class in which they have entered. Wrestlers will be seeded after weigh ins, there will be no shifting after seeding meeting has started.
5. Participants must wrestle in a weight class within their age group. The only exceptions to this rule are:
a) Wrestlers who are above the maximum weight for their division, example: if a wrestler in the 9 and 10 division weighs over the 150 maximum, that wrestler may sign up and compete in the 11and 12 division in a corresponding weight class.
b) Any 6 and under wrestler who wants to advance to the state level must enter the 8 and under division.
6. Participants may enter only one weight class.
7 . Birth certificates must be shown at the time of weigh ins at the Area tournament. No exceptions. All champions and runner~ups must bring their birth certificates to the Area Finals and a Payment of $90 to receive the Area 8 uniforms. No exceptions
8. The source of rules governing the tournaments will be the PIAA Rule Book, PJW Rule Booklet and Area rules that apply to the operation of qualifying tournaments.
9. Only residents of Pennsylvania may enter the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling Tournaments and in accordance with PJW guidelines, representation will be noted by school, school district or city of residence.