*** 2020 PJW AREA 8 FUTURES***
February 1st , 2020
Maplewood Jr/Sr High School Guys Mills, Pa
AREA 8 FUTURES TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
DATE: February 1 st, 2020
SITE: Maplewood Jr/Sr High School 30383 Guys Mills road Guys Mills, Pa 16327
Weigh~ins: Saturday: February 1 st, 7:30 AM ~ 8:30 AM:
Weigh~in site: Maplewood Jr/Sr High School 30383 Guys Mills road Guys Mills, Pa 16327
WRESTLING BEGINS AT: 9am February 1 st 2020
AREA 8 CHAIRMAN
(814) 758~7621 firstname.lastname@example.org
ENTRY FEE ~ $25.00 (plus $2.00 Online Registration)
Online Only No Exceptions
6 & Under 40,45,50,55,60,70,85 max
8 & Under: 45,50,55,60,65,75,90,110 max
9 & 10:Madison
OFFICIAL RULES FOR ENTRY
Novice wrestlers with two years’ experience or less, to include all 6 &Under wrestlers. Wrestlers in age groups 6 & under and 8 & under
Any Futures wrestler is eligible to wrestle in Area Youth Qualifier providing entry fees are both paid.
1. Entry fee covers requirements and insurance. Fee is $25.00
2. A wrestlers age group classification is determined by their age on December 31. Example: A wrestlers 11th birthday is 1/1/2014. That wrestler competes in the 10 and under division.
3. PIAA rules will govern all matches except as follows:
a. All bouts will consist of three periods of 1~1~1 minutes. Overtime shall be sudden death, with a 1 minute period, if still tied, then a second period of 30 seconds will be wrestled.
b. Headgear is mandatory.
4. Participants will be bracketed in a Madison System to fill weight classes.
5. Participants may enter only one weight class.
6. The source of rules governing the tournaments will be the PIAA Rule Book, PJW Rule Booklet and Area rules that apply to the operation of qualifying tournaments.
7. Only residents of Pennsylvania may enter the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling Tournaments and in accordance with PJW guidelines, representation will be noted by school, school district or city of residence.