2020 PENNSYLVANIA JUNIOR HIGH Boys /Girls WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIPS
Earn the Title PENNSYLVANIA STATE CHAMPION
AREA 8 JUNIOR HIGH TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
DATE: February 23, 2020
SITE: Penn State Behrend Junker Center 5103 station rd. Erie PA 16563
WEIGH~IN TIME: 6:00~8:00 AM
WRESTLING BEGINS AT: 9:00 AM
STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS: February 29 th & MARCH 1 st, 2020 ~ Cambria County War Memorial Arena, Johnstown, PA
ENTRY FEE ~ $25.00 (plus $2.00 online registration fee) Online Only No Exceptions
Registration Deadline: 8 p.m. Monday Feb 18th
Junior High Boys Weights: Junior High Weights: 77, 82, 87, 92, 97, 102, 107, 112, 117, 124, 132, 140, 147, 157, 167, 187, 212, 252
5. Wrestlers in the Girls division who weigh more than 172 weight class may enter the boys Division.
Junior High Girls Weights: 82, 96, 117, 132, 147, 172
OFFICIAL RULES FOR ENTRY
1. Entry fee covers requirements and insurance. Fee is $25.00
2. This tournament is a Junior High Division Tournament. Wrestlers must be in 7, 8 or 9th grade and follow PIAA age requirements.
3. PIAA rules will govern all matches except as follows:
a. All bouts will consist of three periods: 1.5 ~ 1.5 ~ 1.5 minutes, except the consolation round which will be 1~ 1 ~1 minute
b. Overtime Bouts will follow PIAA rules for Junior High, including period times, 1:00 ~ 0:30~ 0:30 Ultimate Tie Breaker 0:30.
c. Headgear is mandatory.
d. Hair rule for PJW tournaments will be enforced as defined in the National Federation Rulebook and adopted by the PIAA. PJW will exclude the need for a letter from the PIAA. The wrestler must show their cap that is going to be used for the containment of hair at the scales at the time of weigh in and it must be approved.
4. Participants must weigh in at the weight class in which they have entered. There will be no shifting of weights at the weigh in time. Entries not making weight will be scratched. Weigh ins will be required only once for Area Finals and twice at the State Tournament with a one pound allowance for the 2nd day.
6. Participants may enter only one weight class.
7. Birth certificates must be shown at the time of weigh ins at this tournament. No exceptions. All champions and runner~ups must bring their Birth Certificates and a Payment of $90 to receive the Area 8 uniforms. No exceptions
8. The source of rules governing the tournaments will be the PIAA Rule Book, PJW Rule Booklet and Area rules that apply to the operation of qualifying tournaments.
9. Only residents of Pennsylvania may enter the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling Tournaments and in accordance with PJW guidelines, representation will be noted by School, School District or City of Residence.