TRAVIS GARDNER – CHAIRMAN
2020 AREA IX – Boys YOUTH championships
JAMES SCHWALM – ALTERNATE
JUANITA GARDNER – ALTERNATE
Earn the Title “Pennsylvania Boys YOUTH State Champion”
Mountain View Middle School, Cumberland Valley SD
30 Bali Hai Road
MECHANICSBURG, PA 17050
DATE: Sunday, February 23, 2020
Weigh~In Time: 8:00 – 9:30 AM
Wrestling Start Time: 10:30 AM
Tournament Director: Jason Mitchell Phone: 717~525~0242 E~mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration: Online at http://wrestlereg.com – Deadline for online entry is Friday, February 21, 2020 at 9:00 pm
Online Registration Only ** PRE~REGISTRATION ONLY ** NO WALK IN REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED
Entry Fee: $25.00 plus $2.00 online registration fee
Admission: Adults ~ $10.00 Students ~ $5.00
Awards will be awarded to 1 st – 2 nd – 3 rd Place Finishers
1 st and 2 nd Place Advances to the Youth State Championship, Saturday, March 14 & Sunday, March 15 at Peterson Events Center, Pittsburgh
- Wrestler must reside in one of the following counties; Adams, Cumberland, Franklin, Fulton, Perry & York.
- Wrestler may only submit 1 Entry Form.
- Age as of December 31 st, 2019.
- PJW and PIAA rules apply to all applicants, coaches and spectators.
- An 11 and 12 year old on a Jr. High roster may choose only 1 PJW tournament series (Youth Boys/Girls or Jr. High).
- No school issued uniforms or singlets are permitted.
- No weight changes permitted after entry form has been submitted.
- Wrestlers not making weight at weigh in will forfeit their entry without refund.
- Birth Certificate and proof of residency of wrestler must be provided if challenged.
- Advancing wrestlers must complete advancement process prior to leaving tournament.
- Advancing wrestlers will be required to pay a non~refundable $100.00 apparel fee prior to leaving tournament.
- Advancing wrestlers MUST provide a copy of Birth Certificate prior to leaving tournament.
- All Bout times are 2~1~1. Overtime is 1 minute sudden death, then 30 second ride out if needed.
- Suitable undergarment must be worn for weigh in.
- Head gear is required, shoe laces must be secured, PIAA hair rule applies, and mouth guard is required to cover braces.
- Seeding will be by records provided on entry form.
- Full double elimination format with wrestle back for true second. * Weight classes with 6 or fewer participants will utilize round~robin format.
- Application must be completed in its entirety.
- Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement & Participant Code of Conduct form must be completed and brought along to weigh in.
- Failure to comply with any PJW or PIAA rule will result in disciplinary action and/or forfeiture of participation.
- Boys must compete in the Boys Tournament; Girls must compete in the Girls Tournament.
- Age Division & Weight Class: 8 and Under: 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 75, 90, 110 9 & 10 YR OLD: 55, 60, 65, 70, 75,80, 85, 90, 95, 105, 120, 150 11 & 12 YR OLD: 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 115, 125, 135, 145, 160, 200