TRAVIS GARDNER – CHAIRMAN
JAMES SCHWALM – ALTERNATE
JUANITA GARDNER – ALTERNATE
2020 AREA IX ~ JR. High championships
Earn the Title: “Pennsylvania JUNIOR High State Champion”
GETTYSBURG AREA HIGH SCHOOL
1130 OLD HARRISBURG ROAD
GETTYSBURG, PA 17325
DATE: Sunday, February 16, 2020
Weigh~In Time: 8:00 – 9:00 AM
Wrestling Start Time: 10:00 AM
Tournament Director: Chris Haines Phone: 540~336~5060 E~mail: chaines@gasd~pa.org
Registration: Online at http://wrestlereg.com – Deadline for online entry is Friday, February 14, 2020 at 9:00 pm
Online Registration Only ** PRE~REGISTRATION ONLY ** NO WALK IN REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED
Entry Fee: $25.00 (plus $2.00 online registration)
Admission: Adults ~ $10.00 Students ~ $5.00
Awards will be awarded to 1 st – 2 nd – 3 rd Place Finishers (No True Second Matches)
1 st, 2 nd and 3 rd Place Finisher advances to the Jr. High State Championship on Saturday, February 29 & Sunday, March 1st at War Memorial Arena, in Johnstown, Pa.
- Wrestler must reside in one of the following counties; Adams, Cumberland, Franklin, Fulton, Perry & York.
- Wrestler may only submit 1 Entry Form.
- Wrestlers in grade 7, 8, and 9 with PIAA defined Junior High eligibility may participate.
- No wrestler with PIAA defined Varsity or Jr. Varsity experience will be permitted.
- An 11 and 12 year old on a Jr. High roster may choose only 1 PJW tournament series (Youth Boys/Girls or Jr. High).
- Refer to http://www.piaa.org/schools/eligibility/default.aspx for PIAA defined eligibility.
- No school issued uniforms or singlets are permitted at the PJW Jr. High State Tournament.
- No weight changes permitted after entry form has been submitted.
- Wrestlers not making weight at weigh in will forfeit their entry without refund.
- Birth Certificate and proof of residency of wrestlers must be provided if challenged.
- Advancing wrestlers must complete advancement process prior to leaving the tournament.
- Advancing wrestlers will be required to pay a non~refundable $100.00 apparel fee prior to leaving tournament.
- Advancing wrestlers MUST provide a copy of Birth Certificate prior to leaving tournament.
- All Bout times are 1:30 – 1:30 – 1:30. PIAA Overtime rules will apply.
- Head gear is required, shoe laces must be secured, PIAA hair rule applies, and mouth guard is required to cover braces.
- Seeding will be by records provided on entry form.
- Full double elimination format. * Weight classes with 6 or fewer participants will utilize round~robin format.
- Application must be completed in its entirety.
- Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement & Participant Code of Conduct form must be completed and brought along to weigh in.
- Failure to comply with any PJW or PIAA rule will result in disciplinary action and/or forfeiture of participation.
- Jr. High Weight Classes: 77, 82, 87, 92, 97, 102, 107, 112, 117, 124, 132, 140, 147, 157, 167, 187, 212, 252 maximum
- Girls must enter the girls division, no girls may wrestle in the boys division unless they exceed the 172 maximum