Tour of Florida 2019 (Citrus)
- On~site registration – 7:00 ~ 7:30
- Weigh Ins – 7:30 – 8:00
- Tournament set up and technique clinic – 8:00 – 8:45
- Freestyle tournament begins 9:00
- Greco tournament begins at the conclusion of the Freestyle tournament.
- Pre~set weights for All divisions except those below Schoolboy. (Note: Goal is to have meaningful numbers in each while maintaining weight and age integrity. USAW weights for youth ages are just too many weights so we make our own. At last spring’s Tour, the concept of blocking created too many weight classes and led to parents/coaches demanding changes to brackets which in turn caused 2 of the 4 Freestyle/Greco events to start significantly later than the scheduled time. For the younger ages, we create our own weight classes to maximize the numbers per weight class, having 10% as the maximum difference between weights.)
- Youth: (Pee Wee, Bantam, Intermediate, Novice)
- Wrestlers would be blocked by
- Weight (no more than 10% difference between highest and lowest)
- Age (no more than 24 months’ difference between oldest and youngest)
- By eliminating designations for each 24~month group, weight classes could be made that are bigger and therefore more meaningful without creating age issues.
- 71, 77, 83, 87, 90, 97, 102, 106, 110, 114, 119, 125, 130, 136, 149,165, 187, 250
- 88, 94, 100, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285
- 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285
- Final Awards for top 15~point getters in each age division without regard to weight class.
- Points awarded as follows:
- 1 st – 8
- 2 nd – 7
- 3 rd – 6
- 4 th – 5
- 5 th – 4
- 6 th – 3
- 7 th – 2
- 8 th ~ 1
- Pre~registration on line to optimize efficiency and allow our parents, coaches, etc. to be able to count on us to start when we say we are going to start!
- Registration closes at 6:00 PM the night before.
- On~site registration opens 30 minutes before weigh ins and closes when weigh ins begin. No one may register after weigh ins begin!
- On site registration requires a $10 late registration fee.
- No shows from pre~registrations treated as forfeits
- Weigh ins will end at the designated time. No extensions of time.
- Wrestlers who register in advance but are late for weigh ins are put in the bracket and may weigh in when they get there. If they don’t show for their first match, it’s a forfeit and they drop to the consolations. If they don’t make weight, they may not change weights and are out
- Brackets are drawn as per weight class qualified for at weigh ins. No changing of weights except moving up if wrestler doesn’t make the weight for which he/she registered or if the weight he/she weighs in at has 2 or fewer wrestlers.
- Wrestlers with one or two in a weight will be moved to the next highest weight but will receive awards and points for the lower weight. If there are two, they will be paired in the first round to ensure that the weight in which they registered as a true 1 st and 2 nd.
- Wrestlers who get no matches will be allowed to have exhibition matches on the first mat that becomes available.
- Bracketing ~ Only guarantee 2 matches.
- 3 to 6 – RR (2 or 3 matches each)
- 7 or more ~ double elimination bracket to 8 places (2~4 matches each)
- Price structure (FAWA will set up registration site on line.)
- On line pre~register ~ $30 + $2.25 service charge
- On Site ~ $40
Dates, sites and contacts: