2019 PENNSYLVANIA JUNIOR WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIPS
GIRLS YOUTH DIVISION
Area II Tournament
DATE: February 24, 2019 Wrestling Starts at: 3:00 PM
SITE: Philipsburg~Osceola Area High School, 502 Philips Street, Philipsburg, PA 16866
WEIGH~INS: February 24, 2019…… 1:00 – 1:45 PM at the Philipsburg~Osceola Area High School
All registrations for this division must be done online through Wrestle Reg. A link can be found on the
Area II website. Weights must be declared at the time of registration. Registration will be closed at 6:00 PM
on Tuesday, February 19, 2019. No entries will be accepted after that time.
AGE EFFECTIVE DATE: December 31, 2018
Girls who are 12 & Under may only wrestle in the Girls Youth Division. (Girls exceeding the maximum weight in the 11~12 age group would be permitted to enter the 11~12 Boys division).
The Champions at each weight class will advance to the PJW Youth State Tournament, which will be held at the Peterson Events Center in Pittsburgh, PA on March 16 & 17, 2019.
ENTRY FEE: $25.00 Plus $2.00 WrestleReg fee.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Larry Thompson………(814) 342~1291
1. Entry fee covers entry requirements and insurance. Fee is $25.00
2. A wrestlers age group classification is determined by his/her age on December 31 ,2018. EXAMPLE: A wrestler’s 11th birthday is 1/1/2019. That wrestler competes in the 10&Under division.
3. PIAA rules will govern all matches, except as modified by PJW. Headgear is required in all PJW Tournaments
4. All bouts will consist of three periods of 2 ~ 1 ~ 1, overtime 1 ~ :30 if needed.
5. The PIAA shoelace rule will be enforced. Please be prepared to secure or tape shoelaces.
6. The hair rule for the PJW will be enforced as defined in the National Federation Rules Book and adopted by the PIAA.
7. Participants must weigh in at the weight class they have entered. Entrants not making weight will be scratched.
8. A wrestler may not wrestle outside his/her age group, and may enter in one weight class only. However, a wrestler exceeding the limit for the last weight class in the 8 & U or 9 ~ 10 age groups may enter the appropriate weight class in the next higher age group.
9. Copies of birth certificates will be required of all Area finalists at the Area Tournament, and for all wrestlers competing in the State Championship Tournament.
10.The source of rules governing this tournament will be the PIAA Rules Book, the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling Rules Booklet, and the Area Rules that apply to the operation of the qualifying tournament.
11.Only fulltime residents of Pennsylvania may enter the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling tournaments.
12.Each entrant/guardian must complete and sign the Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement Participant Code of Conduct that is part of the PJW Entry Form. Contestants are expected to demonstrate good sportsmanship on and off the mat. Unsportsmanlike conduct can result in deduction of match points, disqualification from the tournament, and/or removal from the premises. PJW disciplinary action may follow. Contestants are expected to refrain from damaging or defacing any part of the host buildings or grounds. Such action will result in eviction from the premises and/or prosecution. PJWC disciplinary action may follow. Contestants are representing PJW while staying in the host community; therefore, any misbehavior in the host community may result in prosecution and subsequent PJWC disciplinary action. PJW, following the established Due Process, may vote to withdraw honors earned, and/or suspend the contestant from future PJW participation.