201 9 PENNSYLVANIA JUNIOR WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIPS
Earn the Title PENNSYLVANIA STATE CHAMPION
AREA 8 Qualifier
AREA VIII Qualifier: MARCH 9th, 2019 ~ McDowell Intermediate High School 3320 Caughey Road Erie, Pa 16506
STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS: March 16 th & 17 th, 2019 ~ Peterson Event Center, Pittsburgh , Pa
Tournament Director: Michelle Butterfield
WEIGH~IN TIME: Thursday March 7 th 2019: 5pm. To 6:30pm
Weigh in Location: McDowell Intermediate High School / Warren High School / Union City Elementary School
WRESTLING BEGINS: Saturday March 9th at 9Am
ENTRY FEE ~ $25.00 (Plus $2.00 online registration fee)
Online Only No Exceptions
No 6 and Under
8 & under: 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 75, 90, 110 max.
9 & 10:: 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 105, 120, 150 max.
11 & 12: 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 115, 125, 135, 145, 160, 200 max.
1. Entry fee covers requirements and insurance. Fee is $25.00
2. A wrestler`s age group classification is determined by their age on December 31. Example: A wrestler`s 11th birthday is 1/1/2014. That wrestler competes in the 10 and under division.
3. PIAA rules will govern all matches except as follows:
a. All bouts will consist of three periods of 2~1~1 minutes, except the consolation round which will be 1~1~1. Overtime shall be sudden death, with a 1 minute period, if still tied, then a second period of 30 seconds will be wrestled.
b. Headgear is mandatory.
c. Hair rule for PJW tournaments will be enforced as defined in the National Federation Rulebook and adopted by the PIAA. PJW will exclude the need for a letter from the PIAA. The wrestler must show their cap that is going to be used for the containment of hair at the scales at the time of weigh in and it must be approved.
4. Participants must weigh in at the weight class in which they have entered. Wrestlers will be seeded after weigh ins, there will be no shifting after seeding meeting has started.
5. Participants must wrestle in a weight class within their age group. The only exceptions to this rule are:
a) Wrestlers who are above the maximum weight for their division, example: if a wrestler in the 9 and 10 division weighs over the 150 maximum, that wrestler may sign up and compete in the 11and 12 division in a corresponding weight class.
b) Any 6 and under wrestler who wants to advance to the state level must enter the 8 and under division.
6. Participants may enter only one weight class.
7. Birth certificates must be shown at the time of weigh ins at each Section tournament. No exceptions. All champions and runner~ups must bring their birth certificates to the Area Finals and a Payment of $90 to receive the Area 8 uniforms. No exceptions
8. The source of rules governing the tournaments will be the PIAA Rule Book, PJW Rule Booklet and Area rules that apply to the operation of qualifying tournaments.
9. Only residents of Pennsylvania may enter the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling Tournaments and in accordance with PJW guidelines, representation will be noted by school, school district or city of residence.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT & PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT
I acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to participate in the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling (PJW) Tournament. I am aware that these activities may be hazardous and that I could be seriously injured. I am voluntarily participating with knowledge of the danger involved, and agree to assume any and all risks of bodily injury, or death, whether those risks are known or unknown.
As consideration for being permitted by PJW, and any owner, administrator, tournament director, chairperson of the premises holding any of the events, to participate in these activities and use the premises and facilities, I forever release PJW or any Lessor or any PJW affiliated organization, and their respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, and representatives (collectively Releases) from any and all actions, claims, or demands that I, my assignees, heirs, distributees, guardians, next of kin, spouse and legal representatives now have, or may have in the future, for injury, death, or property damage, related to (I) my participation in these activities, (ii) the negligence or other acts, whether directly connected to these activities or not, and however caused, by any Releasee, or(iii) the condition of the premises where these activities occur, whether or not I am then participating in the activities. I also agree that I, my assignees, heirs, distributees, guardians, next of kin, spouse and legal representatives will not make a claim against, sue, or attach the property of any Releasee in connection with any of the matters covered by the foregoing release.
I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents. I am aware this is a release of liability and a contract between myself and PJW, and the lessors, and sign it of my own free will. When Signed by Parent or Guardian: I recognize the dangers of the activities and the significance of this Release and Waiver were explained to the Participant and that the Participant understood them, or I, as parent of the Participant, understand them.
I understand the Tournament Director, under the guidance of the PJW rules and administration, may withdraw our son/daughter from any Tournament if he/she is involved in behavior or activity deemed to be detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of other participants, spectators, tournament staff, or tournament sites; or if involved in actions considered to be detrimental to the goals and objectives of PJW or in violation of the PJW Code of Conduct. We have read and agree with the tournament rules as listed above.