2019 Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling championships
Area VI “Futures” Tournament
SLIPPERY ROCK AREA HIGH SCHOOL
SUNDAY – FEBRUARY 10, 2019
WRESTLERS MAY COMPETE IN ONLY ONE AGE DIVISION
ENTRY FEE ~~ $25.00 plus $2.00 WrestleReg Fee
Wrestling Starts at: 9:30 AM
WEIGH~INS & LOCATIONS:
Saturday, February 9, 2019 6:00pm ~ 7:00pm @ Commodore Perry High School
Saturday February 9, 2019 6:00pm ~ 7:00pm @ Slippery Rock High School
Sunday February 10, 2019 7:00am ~ 8:00am @ Slippery Rock High School
***There will be no weight allowance ~~ Wrestlers must make pre~registered weight or be scratched***
AGE EFFECTIVE DATE: December 31, 2018 (See rule #2)
ENTRY FEE: $25.00 ~ ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO : PJW Area VI
**Entry form MUST be postmarked on or before FEBRUARY 1**
****** REGISTER ONLINE – www.pajw.org (Area VI) ******
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE ENTRIES OR WALK~INS will be considered. Please send applications in team lots if possible.
Application MUST be read and signed at spaces noted or application is void. This form may be duplicated.
1. Entry fee covers entry requirements and insurance. Fee is $25.00
2. A wrestlers age group classification is determined by his age on December 31. EXAMPLE: A wrestler’s 7 th birthday is 1/1/2019. That wrestler is considered to be 6 years old because he was 6 on 12/31/18
3. P.I.A.A. rules will govern all matches, except as modified by PJW.
4. All bouts will consist of three periods of 1 ~ 1 ~ 1 minute, overtime 1:00 sudden death, :30 rideout.
5. Headgear is required in all PJW Tournaments and the haircover rule WILL be enforced.
6. The PIAA shoelace rule will be enforced. Please be prepared to secure or tape shoelaces.
7. The hair rule for the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling tournaments will be enforced as defined in the National Federation Rules Book and adopted by the P.I.A.A.
8. Participants must weigh in at the weight class they have entered. There will be no shifting of weights or substitutions at weigh~in time. Entrants not making weight will be scratched. Weigh~in will be required only once for each tournament. A 55 POUND WRESTLER MUST WEIGH 55.0 OR LESS!!!
9. A wrestler cannot wrestle outside his/her age group and may enter in one weight class only. Exception: a wrestler exceeding the limit for the last weight class in 6 & UNDER may enter the appropriate weight class in the next higher age group.
10. The source of rules governing this tournament will be the P.I.A.A. Rule Book, the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling Rules Booklet, and the Area Rules that apply to the operation of the qualifying tournament.
11. Only fulltime residents of Pennsylvania may enter the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling tournaments.
12. The application form and the code of conduct form must be completed entirely for an applicant to be considered for entry to the PJW tournament.
13. The NFHS undergarment rule will be applied. All contestants must weigh in wearing a suitable undergarment.
14. THE NFHS/PIAA RULE ON REQUIRING A MOUTHPIECE IF A WRESTLER HAS BRACES WILL BE ENFORCED!!!!!