2018 PENNSYLVANIA JUNIOR WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIPS
Area VI Youth Championship Tournament
DATE/SITE: March 16-18, 2018 MEADVILLE High School , Wrestling Starts Fri.-6:00 PM Sat.-9:00 AM
WEIGH-INS: Date: Thursday March 15 LOCATIONS: MEADVILLE H.S. 6:00 – 7:30 P.M.
THIEL COLLEGE, SHARPSVILLE HS, MERCER HS, TITUSVILLE AMERICAN LEGION 6:00 – 7:00 PM ONLY
Wrestlers only will be permitted in the locker room for weigh-ins.
Seeding Meeting March 11, MERCER High School – LGI Room , 3:00 pm
AGE EFFECTIVE DATE: December 31, 2017 (See rule #2)
**BOY’S -- 1st & 2nd places (true second) advance to the PJW “Youth” State Championship Tournament**
**GIRL’S -- 1st place ONLY advance to the PJW “Youth” State Championship Tournament**
ENTRY FEE: $25.00 Plus $2.00 WrestleReg fee
*** REGISTER ONLINE – www.pajw.org (Area VI)(Deadline 3/6)
Steve Hoover Phone (724) 662-3945 Work (724) 662-5100 Ext #40
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE ENTRIES OR WALK-INS will be considered. Please send applications in team lots if possible.
Application MUST be read and signed at spaces noted or application is void. This form may be duplicated.
1. Entry fee covers entry requirements and insurance. Fee is $25.00
2. A wrestler's age group classification is determined by his/her age on December 31. EXAMPLE: A wrestler’s 11th birthday is 1/1/2018. That wrestler competes in the 9 & 10 division because he was 10 on December 31, 2017.
3. P.I.A.A. rules will govern all matches, except as modified by PJW.
4. All bouts will consist of three periods of 2 - 1 - 1 minutes, overtime will be 1minute, then :30 rideout if needed.
5. Headgear is required in all PJW Tournaments. HEADGEARS MUST BE WORN AS SPECIFIED BY MANUF. (NO CROSSED STRAPS)
6. The PIAA shoelace rule will be enforced. Please be prepared to secure or tape shoelaces.
7. The hair rule for the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling tournaments will be enforced as defined in the National Federation Rules Book and adopted by the P.I.A.A.
8. Participants must weigh in at the weight class they have entered. There will be no shifting of weights or substitutions at weigh-in time. Entrants not making weight will be scratched. Weigh-in will be required only once for each tournament.
9. A wrestler cannot wrestle outside his/her age group, and may enter in one weight class only. Exception: a wrestler exceeding the limit for the last weight class in 9 & 10 or 11 &12 may enter the appropriate weight class in the next higher age group.
10. Birth certificates or copies of birth certificates will be required of all Area finalists at the Area Tournament, and for all wrestlers competing in the State Championship Tournament.
11. The source of rules governing this tournament will be the P.I.A.A. Rule Book, the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling Rules Booklet, and the Area Rules that apply to the operation of the qualifying tournament.
12. Only fulltime residents of Pennsylvania may enter the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling tournaments.
13. The application form and the code of conduct form must be completed entirely for an applicant to be considered for entry to the PJW tournament.
14. The NFHS undergarment rule will be applied. All contestants must weigh in wearing a suitable undergarment.
15. THE PIAA MOUTHPIECE RULE WILL BE ENFORCED THIS YEAR. YOU MUST WEAR A MOUTHPIECE TO COVER ANY BRACES. UPPER & LOWER BRACES MUST BE COVERED WITH A MOUTHPIECE.
16. THE NEW HAIR COVERING RULE WILL BE ENFORCED AT THIS TOURNAMENT !!
STATE QUALIFIERS MUST HAVE A COPY OF BIRTH CERTIF..