2018 PJW JUNIOR HIGH CHAMPIONSHIPS
Area VI Championship Tournament
DATE/SITE: FEBRUARY 25, 2018 MERCER High School , Wrestling -- SUN.-9:30 AM
WEIGH-INS: Date: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 26 LOCATION MERCER High School 7:00 – 7:30 AM
Wrestlers only will be permitted in the locker room for weigh-ins.
Seeding Meeting FEBRUARY 18, MERCER High School – LGI Room , 12:00 pm
ELIGIBLILITY – Must be a Junior High eligible wrestler – NO JV/VARSITY ROSTERED WRESTLERS
**1st, 2nd and 3rd places (true second) advance to the PJW State Championship Tournament**
ENTRY FEE: $25.00 - Plus $2.00 WrestleReg Fee
*** REGISTER ONLINE – www.pajw.org (Area VI) (Deadline 2/13)
Entry form MUST be postmarked on or before FEBRUARY 9.
Steve Hoover Phone (724) 662-3945 Work (724) 662-5100 Ext #40
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE ENTRIES OR WALK-INS will be considered. Please send applications in team lots if possible.
Application MUST be read and signed at spaces noted or application is void. This form may be duplicated.
1. Entry fee covers entry requirements and insurance. Fee is $25.00
2. Eligibility for the JH tournament is based on grade level and competition level.
1) Wrestler must reside in one of the following counties; Crawford, Venango, Mercer, Lawrence
2) Wrestler may only submit 1 Entry Form.
3) Wrestlers in grade 7, 8, and 9 with PIAA defined Junior High eligibility may participate.
4) No wrestler with PIAA defined Varsity or Jr. Varsity experience will be permitted.
5) An 11 and 12 year old on a Jr. High roster may choose only 1 PJW tournament series (Youth or Jr. High).
*** 6) A WRESTLER WHO IS 13 BUT STILL IN 6TH GRADE IS NOW ELIGIBLE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT ***
3. P.I.A.A. rules will govern all matches, except as modified by PJW.
4. All bouts will consist of three periods of 1:30 – 1:30 – 1:30 minutes, overtime will be 1 minute, then :30 & :30, then :30 rideout if needed.
5. Headgear is required in all PJW Tournaments. HEADGEARS MUST BE WORN AS SPECIFIED BY MANUF. (NO CROSSED STRAPS)
6. The PIAA shoelace rule will be enforced. Please be prepared to secure or tape shoelaces.
7. The hair rule for the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling tournaments will be enforced as defined in the National Federation Rules Book and adopted by the P.I.A.A.
8. Participants must weigh in at the weight class they have entered. There will be no shifting of weights or substitutions at weigh-in time. Entrants not making weight will be scratched. Weigh-in will be required only once for each tournament.
9. Birth certificates or copies of birth certificates will be required of all Area finalists at the Area Tournament, and for all wrestlers competing in the State Championship Tournament.
10. The source of rules governing this tournament will be the P.I.A.A. Rule Book, the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling Rules Booklet, and the Area Rules that apply to the operation of the qualifying tournament.
11. Only fulltime residents of Pennsylvania may enter the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling tournaments.
12. The application form and the code of conduct form must be completed entirely for an applicant to be considered for entry to the PJW tournament.
13. The NFHS undergarment rule will be applied. All contestants must weigh in wearing a suitable undergarment.
14. THE PIAA MOUTHPIECE RULE WILL BE ENFORCED THIS YEAR. YOU MUST WEAR A MOUTHPIECE TO COVER ANY BRACES. UPPER & LOWER BRACES MUST BE COVERED WITH A MOUTHPIECE.
15. THE NEW HAIR COVERING RULE WILL BE ENFORCED AT THIS TOURNAMENT !!
STATE QUALIFIERS MUST HAVE A COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE