2018 PENNSYLVANIA JUNIOR WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIPS
DATES: March 17, 2018 Wrestling Starts at: 3:00 PM
SITE: Philipsburg-Osceola Area High School, 502 Philips Street, Philipsburg, PA 16866
WEIGH-INS: March 18, 2017 1:30 – 2:15 PM at the Moshannon Valley YMCA, 113 N. 14th St., Philipsburg, PA 16866
All registrations for this division must be done online through Wrestle Reg. A link can be found on the
Area II website. Weights must be declared at time of registration.
Registration will be closed at 12:00 Noon on Tuesday, March 13, 2018.
AGE EFFECTIVE DATE: December 31, 2017
Girls may register for this tournament or the traditional Youth Tournament, but not both.
ENTRY FEE: $25.00 …..Please bring signed application to weigh-ins. Application, rules and waiver form MUST be read and signed.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Larry Thompson (814) 342-1291
1. Entry fee covers entry requirements and insurance. Fee is $25.00
2. A wrestler's age group classification is determined by his/her age on December 31 ,2017. EXAMPLE: A wrestler’s 11th birthday is 1/1/2018. That wrestler competes in the 10&Under division.
3. PIAA rules will govern all matches, except as modified by PJW. Headgear is required in all PJW Tournaments
4. All bouts will consist of three periods of 2 - 1 - 1, overtime 1 - :30 if needed.
5. The PIAA shoelace rule will be enforced. Please be prepared to secure or tape shoelaces.
6. The hair rule for the PJW will be enforced as defined in the National Federation Rules Book and adopted by the PIAA.
7. Participants must weigh in at the weight class they have entered. Entrants not making weight will be scratched.
8. A wrestler may not wrestle outside his/her age group, and may enter in one weight class only. However, a wrestler exceeding the limit for the last weight class in the 8 & U or 9 - 10 age groups may enter the appropriate weight class in the next higher age group.
9. Copies of birth certificates will be required of all Area finalists at the Area Tournament, and for all wrestlers competing in the State Championship Tournament.
10.The source of rules governing this tournament will be the PIAA Rules Book, the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling Rules Booklet, and the Area Rules that apply to the operation of the qualifying tournament.
11.Only fulltime residents of Pennsylvania may enter the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling tournaments.
12.Each entrant/guardian must complete and sign the Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement Participant Code of Conduct that is part of the PJW Entry Form. Contestants are expected to demonstrate good sportsmanship on and off the mat. Unsportsmanlike conduct can result in deduction of match points, disqualification from the tournament, and/or removal from the premises. PJW disciplinary action may follow. Contestants are expected to refrain from damaging or defacing any part of the host buildings or grounds. Such action will result in eviction from the premises and/or prosecution. PJWC disciplinary action may follow. Contestants are representing PJW while staying in the host community; therefore, any misbehavior in the host community may result in prosecution and subsequent PJWC disciplinary action. PJW, following the established Due Process, may vote to withdraw honors earned, and/or suspend the contestant from future PJW participation.