2018 PENNSYLVANIA JUNIOR WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIPS
Area VI “FUTURES” Tournament
DATE/SITE: February 11, 2018 CONNEAUT LAKE JH School , Wrestling Starts at: 9:30 AM
WEIGH-INS & LOCATIONS:
Saturday Feb. 10, 7:00 - 8:00 P.M. – CONNEAUT LAKE JH SCHOOL – OTHER LOCATIONS MAY BE ADDED
Sunday Feb. 11, 7:00 - 8:00 A.M. @ CONNEAUT LAKE JUNIOR High School only
***There will be no weight allowance -- Wrestlers must make pre-registered weight or be scratched***
AGE EFFECTIVE DATE: December 31, 2017 (See rule #2)
ENTRY FEE: $25.00 - Plus $2.00 WrestleReg Fee
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE ENTRIES OR WALK-INS will be considered. Please send applications in team lots if possible.
Application MUST be read and signed at spaces noted or application is void. This form may be duplicated.
1. Entry fee covers entry requirements and insurance. Fee is $25.00
2. A wrestler's age group classification is determined by his age on December 31. EXAMPLE: A wrestler’s 7th birthday is 1/1/2018. That wrestler is considered to be 6 years old because he was 6 on 12/31/17
3. P.I.A.A. rules will govern all matches, except as modified by PJW.
4. All bouts will consist of three periods of 1 - 1 - 1 minutes, overtime 1:00 sudden death, :30 rideout.
5. Headgear is required in all PJW Tournaments.
6. The PIAA shoelace rule will be enforced. Please be prepared to secure or tape shoelaces.
7. The hair rule for the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling tournaments will be enforced as defined in the National Federation Rules Book and adopted by the P.I.A.A.
8. Participants must weigh in at the weight class they have entered. There will be no shifting of weights or substitutions at weigh-in time. Entrants not making weight will be scratched. Weigh-in will be required only once for each tournament. A 55 POUND WRESTLER MUST WEIGH 55.0 OR LESS !!!
9. A wrestler cannot wrestle outside his/her age group, and may enter in one weight class only. Exception: a wrestler exceeding the limit for the last weight class in 6 & UNDER may enter the appropriate weight class in the next higher age group.
10. The source of rules governing this tournament will be the P.I.A.A. Rule Book, the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling Rules Booklet, and the Area Rules that apply to the operation of the qualifying tournament.
11. Only fulltime residents of Pennsylvania may enter the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling tournaments.
12. The application form and the code of conduct form must be completed entirely for an applicant to be considered for entry to the PJW tournament.
13. The NFHS undergarment rule will be applied. All contestants must weigh in wearing a suitable undergarment.
14. **NEW THIS YEAR** -- THE NFHS/PIAA RULE ON REQUIRING A MOUTHPIECE IF A WRESTLER HAS BRACES WILL BE ENFORCED!!!!!
15. The “NEW” haircover/headgear rule WILL be enforced this year. Coaches and wrestlers should HAVE prepared for it to be enforced in 2016.