2018 PJW AREA XII 8U and 10U CHAMPIONSHIPS
Where: Tunkhannock Area High School
135 Tiger Drive
Tunkhannock, PA 18657
When: Sunday, March 11, 2018
Weigh-Ins: Friday, March 9, 5-7 PM
Schedule: Wrestler meeting on mat #2 at 8:30 AM.
Wrestling will start at 9 AM.
Tournament Director: Ray Woods (570)240-0154 Email: email@example.com
Registration: Online registration ONLY at http://wrestlerreg.com.
Deadline is Wednesday, March 7, 2018.
Entry Fee: $27.00 per wrestler.
Boys 8u: 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 75, 90, 110
Boys 10u: 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 105, 120, 150
Additional Information: www.pajw.org
Admission: Adults $5 and Students $3
Awards and Advancement: PJW Area XII Medals will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each weight class. The top 2 wrestlers in each weight class will represent Area XII at the PJW Youth State Championships at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Wilkes- Barre, PA on March 23 and 24th, 2018.
1) Wrestler must reside in AREA XII comprised of Bradford, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming Counties.
2) Wrestler may only submit one entry and may only wrestle one weight class and division.
3) No weight changes will be permitted after entry form has been submitted online.
4) Wrestlers not making weight at weigh-ins will forfeit their entry without refund.
5) Proof of residency and age of wrestlers must be provided if requested by a PJW Official.
6) Entrants must be willing to represent Area XII at the PJW Youth State Tournament.
7) Advancing wrestlers will be required to pay a non-refundable $50.00 gear package fee on the day of the area tournament. The package includes an Area XII singlet and shirt that must be worn at the state tournament. Wrestlers will keep their shirt and singlet.
8) Wrestlers must provide a copy of their birth certificate to the Area XII Chairman prior to the state tournament.
9) Championship bout times are 2 ~ 1 ~ 1. Consolation bouts are 1~ 1~1.. OT rules are 1 minute sudden victory starting from the neutral position followed by a 30 second rideout. The first wrestler who scored in the match has choice of position in the rideout.
10) Suitable undergarments must be worn for weigh-ins.
11) Head gear is required. Shoe laces must be secured. PIAA hair, gear and uniform rules apply. A mouth guard is required to cover braces. Mouth guards must be presented at weigh-ins and approved by the official in charge. Mouth guards must have a top and a bottom.
12) Seeding will be determined by tournament committee. All decisions are final.
13) Full double elimination format will be used. True second bouts will be wrestled when necessary. Groups of 3 will be in round robin format.
14) Failure to comply with any PJW or PIAA rule will result in disciplinary action and/or forfeiture of participation.