2018 PENNSYLVANIA JUNIOR HIGH WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIPS
Earn the Title PENNSYLVANIA STATE CHAMPION
AREA 8 JUNIOR HIGH TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
DATE: February 18, 2018
SITE: Union City Area High School
WEIGH~IN TIME: 6:00~8:00 AM
WRESTLING BEGINS AT: 9:00 AM
AREA VIII FINALS: FEBRUARY 18, 2018 ~ Union City Area High School, 105 Concord Road, Union City, PA 16438
STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS: MARCH 3 & 4, 2018 ~ Cambria County War Memorial Arena, Johnstown, PA
Mr. Andy Dylon
Bear Wrestling Club
P.O. Box 212
Union City, PA 16438
ENTRY FEE ~ $25.00 (plus $2.00 online registration fee)
Registration Deadline: 8 p.m. Tuesday Feb 13th
Junior High Weights: Junior High Weights: 77, 82, 87, 92, 97, 102, 107, 112, 117, 124, 132, 140, 147, 157, 167, 187, 212, 252
OFFICIAL RULES FOR ENTRY
1. Entry fee covers requirements and insurance. Fee is $25.00
2. This tournament is a Junior High Division Tournament. Wrestlers must be in 7, 8 or 9th grade and follow PIAA age requirements.
3. PIAA rules will govern all matches except as follows:
a. All bouts will consist of three periods: 1.5 ~ 1.5 ~ 1.5 minutes, except the consolation round which will be 1~ 1 ~1 minute
b. Overtime Bouts will follow PIAA rules for Junior High, including period times, 1:00 ~ 0:30~ 0:30 Ultimate Tie Breaker 0:30.
c. Headgear is mandatory.
d. Hair rule for PJW tournaments will be enforced as defined in the National Federation Rulebook and adopted by the PIAA. PJW will exclude the need for a letter from the PIAA. The wrestler must show their cap that is going to be used for the containment of hair at the scales at the time of weigh~in and it must be approved.
4. Participants must weigh~in at the weight class in which they have entered. There will be no shifting of weights at the weigh~in time. Entries not making weight will be scratched. Weigh~ins will be required only once for Area Finals and twice at the State Tournament with a one pound allowance for the 2nd day.
5. Participants must wrestle in a weight class within their age group.
6. Participants may enter only one weight class.
7. Birth certificates must be shown at the time of weigh~ins at this tournament. No exceptions. All champions and runner~ups must bring their Birth Certificates and a Payment of $90 to receive the Area 8 uniforms. No exceptions
8. The source of rules governing the tournaments will be the PIAA Rule Book, PJW Rule Booklet and Area rules that apply to the operation of qualifying tournaments.
9. Only residents of Pennsylvania may enter the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling Tournaments and in accordance with PJW guidelines, representation will be noted by School, School District or City of Residence.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT & PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT
I, acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to participate in the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling (PJW) Tournament.
I am aware that these activities may be hazardous and that I could be seriously injured.
I am voluntarily participating with knowledge of the danger involved, and agree to assume any and all risks of bodily injury, or death, whether those risks are known or unknown.
As consideration for being permitted by PJW, and any owner, administrator, tournament director, chairperson of the premises holding any of the events, to participate in these activities and use the premises and facilities, I forever release PJW or any Lessor or any PJW affiliated organization, and their respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, and representatives (collectively 'Releases') from any and all actions, claims, or demands that I, my assignees, heirs, distributes, guardians, next of kin, spouse and legal representatives now have, or may have in the future, for injury, death, or property damage, related to (i) my participation in these activities, (ii) the negligence or other acts, whether directly connected to these activities or not, and however caused, by any Release, or(iii) the condition of the premises where these activities occur, whether or not I am then participating in the activities. I also agree that I, my assignees, heirs, distributes, guardians, next of kin, spouse and legal representatives will not make a claim against, sue, or attach the property of any Release in connection with any of the matters covered by the foregoing release.
I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents. I am aware this is a release of liability and a contract between myself and PJW, and the lessors, and signs it of my own free will. When Signed by Parent or Guardian: I recognize the dangers of the activities and the significance of this Release and Waiver were explained to the Participant and that the Participant understood them, or I, as parent of the Participant, understand them.
I understand the Tournament Director, under the guidance of the PJW rules and administration, may withdraw our son/daughter from any Tournament if he/she is involved in behavior or activity deemed to be detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of other participants, spectators, tournament staff, or tournament sites; or if involved in actions considered to be detrimental to the goals and objectives of PJW or in violation of the PJW Code of Conduct. We have read and agree with the tournament rules as listed above.