2018 PJW Area IX Junior High Championships
DATE: Sunday, February 18, 2018
Weigh-In Time: 8:00 – 9:00 AM
Wrestling Start Time: 10:00 AM
Tournament Director: Chris Haines Phone: 540-336-5060 E-mail: email@example.com
Registration: Online at http://wrestlereg.com – Deadline for online entry is Friday, February 16, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Online Registration Only ** PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY ** NO WALK IN REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED
Entry Fee: $25.00 plus $2.00 WrestleReg Fee
Admission: Adults - $8.00 Students - $5.00
Awards will be awarded to 1st – 2nd – 3rd Place Finishers
1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Finisher advances to the Jr. High State Championship on Saturday, March 3rd & Sunday, March 4th at War Memorial Arena, in Johnstown, Pa.
1) Wrestler must reside in one of the following counties; Adams, Cumberland, Franklin, Perry, York.
2) Wrestler may only submit 1 Entry Form.
3) Wrestlers in grade 7, 8, and 9 with PIAA defined Junior High eligibility may participate.
4) No wrestler with PIAA defined Varsity or Jr. Varsity experience will be permitted.
5) An 11 and 12 year old on a Jr. High roster may choose only 1 PJW tournament series (Youth Boys/Girls or Jr. High).
6) Refer to http://www.piaa.org/schools/eligibility/default.aspx for PIAA defined eligibility..
7) No school issued uniforms or singlets are permitted.
8) No weight changes permitted after entry form has been submitted.
9) Wrestlers not making weight at weigh in will forfeit their entry without refund.
10) Birth Certificate and proof of residency of wrestlers must be provided if challenged.
11) Advancing wrestlers must complete advancement process prior to leaving the tournament.
12) Advancing wrestlers will be required to pay a non-refundable $85.00 apparel fee prior to leaving tournament.
13) Advancing wrestlers MUST provide a copy of Birth Certificate prior to leaving tournament.
14) All Bout times are 1:30 – 1:30 – 1:30. PIAA Overtime rules will apply.
15) Head gear is required, shoe laces must be secured, PIAA hair rule applies, and mouth guard is required to cover braces.
16) Seeding will be by records provided on entry form.
17) Full double elimination format. * Weight classes with 6 or fewer participants will utilize round-robin format.
18) Application must be completed in its entirety.
19) Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement & Participant Code of Conduct form must be completed and brought along to weigh in.
20) Failure to comply with any PJW or PIAA rule will result in disciplinary action and/or forfeiture of participation.
21) Jr. High Weight Classes: 77, 82, 87, 92, 97, 102, 107, 112, 117, 124, 132, 140, 147, 157, 167, 187, 212, 252 maximum