2018 PJW AREA XII JUNIOR HIGH CHAMPIONSHIPS
Where: Tunkhannock Area High School
135 Tiger Drive
Tunkhannock, PA 18657
When: Sunday, February 18, 2018
Weigh-Ins: Sunday, February 18, 2018 from 7:30-8:30 AM
Schedule: Wrestler meeting on mat #2 at 9:30 AM. Wrestling will start at 10 AM.
Tournament Director: Ray Woods (570)240-0154 Email: email@example.com
Registration: Online registration ONLY at http://wrestlereg.com
Deadline is Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Entry Fee: $27.00 per wrestler.
Weight Classes: 77, 82, 87, 92, 97, 102, 107, 112, 117, 124, 132,140, 147, 157, 167, 187, 212, HWT (252 Max.)
Additional Information: www.pajw.org
Admission: Adults $5 and Students $3
Awards and Advancement: PJW Area XII Medals will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each weight class. The top 3 wrestlers will represent Area XII in the PJW Junior High State Championships at the Cambria County War Memorial in Johnstown, PA on March 3rd and 4th, 2018.
1) Wrestler must reside in AREA XII comprised of Bradford, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming Counties.
2) Wrestler may only submit one entry and may only wrestle one weight class and division.
3) JH wrestlers must be in grade 7, 8, or 9 with PIAA defined Jr. High eligibility.
4) No wrestler with Varsity or Jr. Varsity experience will be permitted.
5) An 11 or 12 year old on a Jr. High roster may choose only 1 PJW tournament series (Youth or Jr. High).
6) Refer to http://www.piaa.org/schools/eligibility/default.aspx for PIAA defined eligibility.
7) No weight changes will be permitted after entry form has been submitted online.
8) Wrestlers not making weight at weigh-ins will forfeit their entry without refund.
9) Proof of residency and age of wrestlers must be provided if requested by a PJW Official.
10) JH entrants must be willing to represent Area XII at the PJW Jr. High State Tournament in Johnstown.
11) Advancing wrestlers will be required to pay a non-refundable $50.00 gear package fee on the day of the area tournament.. The package includes an Area XII singlet and shirt that must be worn at the state tournament. Wrestlers will keep their shirt and singlet.
12) Wrestlers must provide a copy of their birth certificate to the Area XII Chairman prior to the state tournament.
13) Championship bout times are 1:30 ~ 1:30 ~ 1:30. Consolation bouts are 1 ~ 1:30 ~ 1:30. PIAA OT rules apply.
14) A suitable undergarment must be worn for weigh-ins. There will be separate weigh in rooms for girls and boys.
15) Head gear is required. Shoe laces must be secured. PIAA hair, gear and uniform rules apply. A mouth guard is required to cover braces. Mouth guards must be presented at weigh-ins and approved by the official in charge. Mouth guards must have a top and a bottom.
16) Seeding will be determined by tournament committee. All decisions are final.
17) Full double elimination format will be used. True second bouts will be wrestled when necessary. Groups of 3 will be in round robin format.
18) Failure to comply with any PJW or PIAA rule will result in disciplinary action and/or forfeiture of participation.